9.23.2011

Rule no. 6- PLAY!

I think that explains it! France is one of the most magical places I have ever been to (and I've travelled quite a bit in my life. Growing up, instead of game systems, I got to go to France, England, Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, Wales...) Take advantage of where you are! Pretty much no matter where you are in France, there is something incredible nearby. Go see it.

Now I know the Midi-Pyrenees region of France best so I will list a few of the incredible things in that region:

CARCASSONNE:

The second largest medieval city in the world that is still lived in today. I visit this fortress every time I come the France without fail. 

MONTSEGUR:

The last stand of the Cathares took place here. It is quite a hike to get up to the actual castle (bring lots of water) but it is SO WORTH IT. I also visit here every chance I get.

FOIX:

Located in the city of Foix, this castle is incredibly beautiful. The town itself is also well worth visiting.

The city of TOULOUSE:

One of the very best cities in France. Many people say that it is a "large city with the heart of a small village." My father was raised here so I am a bit biased, but that doesn't change the fact that this city is incredible.

and now my favorite:

The PYRENEES MOUNTAINS:

These mountains take my breath away. That is all I can say.



The point of this rule is that you have to have fun. I'm in this region, so I have quite a bit of sightseeing at my fingertips thanks to the trains system in France. For those of you in other regions, find what there is to see. GO SEE IT ALL. You are in FRANCE! Take advantage of that fact!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and text ma fille! I want more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :)
    I'll be soon an au pair in the US! I'll arrive on July 22nd and will live in Arlington, VA.
    If you want to follow my experience, this is my blog: http://www.italianaupair-usa.blogspot.it/
    xoxo
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Au Pair in France by now, until August 11th more or less. I'm living in Fayence and it's such a beautiful place!!
    Si alguien quiere ver mi blog (aunque está en español): http://diariodeunaaupairdeverano.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete